Total number of pages: 190
Total Hours: 8
This training guide introduces the new 2D features of both AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD 2010. AutoCAD 2009 users are taught the new functionality in AutoCAD 2010 and 2011. AutoCAD 2010 users are introduced to the AutoCAD 2011 enhancements and are provided a review of the 2010 enhancements. Among the many changes in this new release are the revised Application Menu that replaces the Menu Browser, updated interface objects, annotation updates, and new Measuring tools.
A major new feature is the introduction of geometric and dimensional constraints for 2D objects and dynamic blocks. These tools give users much greater control over how objects react when you modify them.
There are several updates to publishing, including a streamlined Batch Plot/Publish dialog box and the opportunity to plot, publish, or export to PDF files.
Reference File tools have been streamlined and include contextual Ribbon tabs that provide quick access to the appropriate tools for the selected reference file. PDF files can be imported as underlays. There are also several updates to the Customization tools.
- Application Menu
- Ribbon Updates
- Quick Access Toolbar Enhancements
- Command Enhancements including Text, Spline, and Polyline
- Updates to Dimension Styles and Multileader Styles
- Hatching Updates
- Measuring Tools
- Working with Geometric and Dimensional Constraints
- Adding Constraints to Dynamic Blocks
- Publishing Enhancements including Exporting to PDF Files
- Reference File Updates
- Using Autodesk Seek
- Creating Industry-specific Workspaces
- Action Recorder Updates
- User Interface Customization Updates including contextual Ribbon tabs and Fold panels
- Online Help System
- Navigation Tools
- Selection and Visibility Enhancements
Prerequisites: This courseware assumes familiarity with AutoCAD 2009/2010. Many of the changes covered in the Student Guide are based on features that have appeared in recent releases of AutoCAD, such as annotation scales, workspaces, and InfoCenter. Students who are not familiar with the existing features in the software could need additional background prior using this courseware.