Total number of pages: 488
Total Hours: 24
Our eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways:
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 4.0 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 2.2 and higher)
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit http://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/ to learn more.
The objective of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2013 Essentials is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore learning to use it can be challenging.
AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2013 Essentials covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training guide. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts.
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology
- A working knowledge of your operating system