Total number of pages: 343
Total Hours: 16
eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways:
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 4.0 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 2.2 and higher)
Visit http://www.vitalsource.com/bookshelf to learn more.
This in-depth AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2012 for Surveyors training guide is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in AutoCAD Civil 3D Fundamentals. This training guide equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge needed to use AutoCAD Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Students learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in AutoCAD Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, least square analysis, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, proper AutoCAD® drafting techniques, the methodology needed to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transforms
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Survey Least Squares analysis
- Traverses and their adjustment
- Traverse Loop and Closed Connected Loop adjustments
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
Previous experience with AutoCAD and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession.