Total number of pages: 110
Total Hours: 8
eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways:
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 4.0 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 2.2 and higher)
Visit http://www.vitalsource.com/bookshelf to learn more.
The main purpose of the Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software is to design buildings: walls, doors, floors, roofs, and stairs. However, architects also frequently need to add site and structural information. This training guide covers the elements and tools in the Autodesk Revit Architecture software that are used to create topographic surfaces for site work and to add structural elements.
For Site, students learn how to:
- Create topographic surfaces
- Add property lines and building pads
- Modify toposurfaces with subregions, splitting surfaces and grading the regions
- Annotate site plans and add site components
- Work with Shared Coordinates
For Structural, students learn how to:
- Create structural grids and add columns
- Add foundation walls and footings
- Add beams and beam systems
- Create framing elevations and add braces
- Copy and monitor elements across disciplines
- Check Interferences
Students who enroll in this course should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Autodesk Revit Architecture software as taught in the Autodesk Revit Architecture Fundamentals training guide and have knowledge of basic techniques.
Information on the Autodesk® Revit® Structure software, which is optimized for structural engineering, is covered in a separate training guide.